As part of HS2’s preparation works, automatic traffic counters will be installed at six locations in the immediate area, (fulfilling the Undertaking and Assurance given during the HS2 Act’s passage through Parliament). These counters will monitor the traffic movements on the A413 and on hilltop lanes, so that the impact of any traffic changes can be measured once the main works begin. Installation of the counters is due to take place in August 2020 and they will remain in place for a minimum of 12 months. There are six locations for these counters and each will take approximately 3 hours to install.
- Rignall Road, Great Missenden
- Aylesbury Road, Great Missenden
- A413 Missenden Bypass, Great Missenden, notes these works will take place between 7:30pm – 11:30pm to avoid rush hour periods
- Potter Row, Great Missenden
- Village Road, Ballinger
- Chartridge Lane, Chartridge
Collectively, these counters will give an good indication of changes in traffic flow on the A413 and on the local hill-top lanes. The exact proposed locations can be seen on these maps.