We are constantly working to make our website as accessible and usable as possible.
AbilityNet provides guidance about how to:
- make your mouse easier to use (opens in new tab)
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse (opens in new tab)
- talk to your device (opens in new tab)
- make your device talk to you (opens in new tab)
- make text larger (opens in new tab)
- change your colours (opens in new tab)
- magnify the screen (opens in new tab)
Our website has been developed using WordPress to best practice coding conventions following World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1).
Consistent page headings and titles
A consistent heading structure has been used so that page information is compatible with access technology.
Transcripts and navigation
The Lee website does not include any video or audio clips. An alternate text description is available for photographs and images.
All menu items can be accessed via the keyboard; a mouse is not essential.
We recommend using Firefox, Chrome or Safari, however the following browsers have been tested for compatibility:
- Internet Explorer v11 (Windows)
- Google Chrome v76.0 (Windows)
- Firefox v68 (Windows)
- Safari v12.1 (MacOS) and v12.4 (iOS)
- Opera 62.0 (Windows)
- Microsoft Edge v44 and Microsoft Edge HTML v 18
Some attached documents, in particular newletters and some of the Parish Council’s Finance documents, may include scanned and other text not readily interpreted by all accessibility software. If you would like a publication in an alternative format please contact us and we will be happy to assist.