This page contains information and advice for residents on coronavirus (COVID-19), including the support which is available in the local community.
Up to date advice on the virus, its spread, its symptoms and how to deal with it can be found at Public Health England: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response and from the NHS https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms-and-what-to-do/
Daily video updates from Buckinghamshire Council about local progress in combatting the coronavirus is being aired on their website daily in the afternoon. The vlog can be found at https://www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/coronavirus/video-updates/
Local help and support
- Need any help at all?
If you live in The Lee parish, Ballinger and Potter Row and have no close relatives living nearby who can support you there is a network of The Lee Parish Covid-19 Volunteers who can help you with:
- Getting Cooked Meals
- Collecting Urgent Supplies
Phone, Text or WhatsApp the helpline on 07836 205105 and a volunteer will call back to oﬀer help.
Also continuing to support local residents where they can:
- Re-engage (formerly Contact the Elderly) – keeping in regular contact with the over 70s living on their own. Contact 01494 837372.
- LeeWay – subject to driver availability, will continue to endeavour to help where they can. Contact 07845 029500.
- Shop at The Lee – open to supply your basic needs. 01494 837195.
Support within the wider HP16 community
Apart from the Supermarkets, a number of other smaller companies are also continuing to provide local food deliveries (subject to stock and availability):
- Martin the Milkman – daily deliveries of bread, fruit, juice, yoghurt, etc. as well as milk. 01494 833944 (phone 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm)
- Buckmoorend Farm Supplies – delivers (Wednesday to Friday) fresh and frozen meat, milk, eggs, and many other items. 07771 566 491 www.buckmoorendfarm.co.uk/deliveries.html
- Goddens – butchers in Chesham delivering meat, eggs, etc. 01494 773358 www.goddens.co.uk
- Wren Davis Dairy – working with N&P Fruits to deliver fruit, veg, milk, bread, sausages and other foods. 01494 862224 (phone 10:00 am to 12:00 noon and 2:00 to 4:00 pm), deliveries only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- LinkClass – normally delivering to restaurants and hotels, this company is now delivering vegetable boxes to the area. 0207 498 5200 www.linkclass.co.uk/index.html
- Home Pantry – a similar company normally delivering food to offices; now delivering to homes 0117 287 2487 www.homepantry.co.uk
The Church at Great Missenden has also produced a list of companies and organisations offering help in the wider HP16 area. The list is available at https://www.missendenchurch.org.uk/Groups/337775/Practical_Resources.aspx
Buckinghamshire Council services
Buckinghamshire Council has launched an online community support hub which can be found at https://www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/coronavirus/
Any vulnerable or older person who is self-isolating and needs support, or anyone concerned about them, is invited to call the Council on 01296 383 204.
Local Emergency Support is also available on-line at https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/business-and-benefits/apply-for-local-emergency-support/. If you cannot apply online, you can call on 01296 382 414. An out of hours service is also available by calling 0800 999 7677.
Changes to Buckinghamshire Council’s normal services, including schools, adult social care, libraries, waste services, car parks, playgrounds, parks and leisure and community centres are listed here: https://www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/coronavirus/service-changes/
Volunteers needed in The Lee
During this difficult period, many people are going to need support with practical things like getting medicines, grocery shopping, preparing meals or caring for pets as well as dealing with the social effects of isolation. Many fit and able people will want to help and support others if they possibly can.
If If you would like to volunteer to help locally, please contact one of the groups above directly or, to be pointed in the right direction, send your brief details (listed below) to the Parish Clerk, Hayley Farrelly <email@example.com> or 07769-698652 . By sending this information, you agree for your details to be shared with local organisations providing support during the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Preferred contact details
- Area in which you live e.g. Lee Common; Ballinger; etc.
- Driver or non-driver?
- With vehicle or without?
NHS Volunteer Responders
NHS Volunteer Responders can be called on by the NHS to do simple but vital tasks such as:
- delivering medicines from pharmacies;
- driving patients to appointments;
- bringing them home from hospital;
- or making regular phone calls to check on people isolating at home.
NHS Volunteer Responders is not intended to replace local groups helping their vulnerable neighbours but is an additional service provided by the NHS.
To find out more about volunteering as an NHS Volunteer Responders, visit https://www.england.nhs.uk/participation/get-involved/volunteering/nhs-volunteer-responders/https://www.england.nhs.uk/participation/get-involved/volunteering/nhs-volunteer-responders/